Business Poli-Sci: Buying a Better World

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Buying a Better World

The easiest method to give special interest issues a chance in the United States of America is to speak with decisive purchases. When buying products we say what we care about while supporting companies who support our interests. Thinking about Animal Rights Activists, they have several methods to be heard in relation to purchasing power.

A primary cause everyone relates to is, "Fur is murder." This slogan made everyone aware of animal conditions and why fur is murder. Next they de-popularized fur and leather products not related to consumption of meat. Raising animals for pelts and discarding the carcass is murder.

Minks are rare because their only purpose to humans is fur. Fantasizing, perhaps one time in primitive history, minks were trophies for excellent hunters and pelts ward off encroaching animals from village invasions. After a long day, they roasted the carcass over an open flame. Minks are less vengeful and stinky skunks. In modern society, without the many rewards people wear mink because it is expensive. It is expensive because it is rare. It is rare because without multiple reasons for hunting minks it is like wearing an expensive skunk.

Perhaps if mink became an additive to cat food it would be okay. People will not eat mink. Not tasting good is only one problem in a long list. Environmentalists should also avoid buying furs, yet this is not an Environmentalist issue. Most Environmentalists hunt or at least eat meat. I eat meat and leather is made from cow pelts. It makes sense. I eat the meat and make the most out of their death.

With this attention Animal Rights Activists were questioned about hypocrisy. How does a person question my ethics while wearing a leather coat, belt or shoes? Vegetarian do not eat meat though they might own pets that eat meat. They should practice living without consuming any part of an animal if they believe in a separate societies of humans and animals.

With interest in Environmental Causes, I do not claim to be an Animal Rights Activist, yet Environmentalists have more in common with Animal Rights Activists because of wanting to protect ecosystems. Animals should have rights. Treating animals badly creates disharmony with the world. It is important to allow Ranch Animals to graze and keep their food clean. What we do to Ranch Animals we do to ourselves. In addition, better techniques evolve into converting methane into electricity and fertilizer when humans are aware of our ecosystem.

Thinking about Animal Rights Activists and improving harmony within my ecosystem, it becomes apparent reducing the carbon footprint is possible by not buying products made overseas. My first thought, "I will buy less." I have done this and feel good. I frequently wear the same clothes until they wear out and have a couple nice outfits for special occasions. I give clothes in good condition though out-of-style charity. Ideally most of my clothes and other essentials should be made in the Americas.

Looking through my clothes I have one shirt from El Salvador. Suave is made in the USA. Everything else is Vietnam, China, Turkey or India. It is not all the same country, yet it is overseas. I could buy more clothes made in Mexico and Canada to support a larger market than just the United States.

With this in mind, I should begin buying more clothes and support trade within the Americas to continue feeling good about myself. I will still have to buy products made overseas. At least I made an attempt to adhere to beliefs.

Overall most people should think about what they believe and help businesses make agendas real. I am not going to stop eating meat or discriminate against leather shoes, though I have several pairs of shoes made without leather. I can be discriminating in how I spend money. Other people should also participate. With everyone supporting their own causes, even if not the same cause, the world becomes better. With everyone making the world better many of issues become less prevalent.

Related Article
Big Industry and Common Sense
Tax Code Blues
Urban Wildlife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion by leaving a comment.